Sunday, February 22, 2015

V is for Valentine...AND only $4 :)

We just had Valentines Day for 2015. I decided to make my husband a couple of 'fun' gifts for his Valentine day. I bought a letter 'V' from Michaels. It was on sale for $1.99, yeah baby! Its a canvas covered letter. I brought it home and got busy!!
I used acrylic paints and a black sharpie marker. I painted the sides and the back of the letter with paint. Let it dry. Then I used the sharpie marker to write a little partial story about us. Then I used some ribbon that I got at the Dollar Tree for $1 and hot glued it to the back for a hanger. He loved it!
:)

 
I also painted my sweetie a handmade Valentine Card. I used a piece of black card stock and layered torn pieces of newspaper on it...glued them and let them dry. Then I used acrylic paints and painted my Valentine message for my man. :) Then I framed it in an 8x10 frame from the Dollar Tree.. So for my total gift was $4.00...
Thrifty Love!

 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment